Hello! Today I am sharing the easiest, most divine-smelling body scrub – made using Fairtrade coffee!
if you’re in Australia, you might be familiar with a certain coffee body scrub that’s garnering a lot of praise and attention. And for good reason, it smells amazing and makes your skin feel great. But I wanted to try making my own version with Fairtrade coffee because, frankly, slathering yourself with ethical body scrub is way nicer for your body and soul.
I am so happy with how it turned out – it’s a more ethical, more affordable version of the real deal! Yippee! And SO simple. (I can also report that both scrubs make your shower equally dirty).
INGREDIENTS (makes a big batch!)
– Fairtrade coffee (250grams) – I used Oxfam ground coffee. You want something that is ground, but not too fine. This was just a little bit on the fine side, so I added a tablespoon of Coles Fairtrade Instant Coffee to make the scrub more coarse.
–Fairtrade brown sugar (1/4 cup)
– Fair Trade coconut oil (1/4 cup)
-Grapeseed oil (1/4 cup – or until )
-Sea salt (one tablespoon)
1. Pour coffee into a bowl
2. Add the sugar and sea salt
3. Add the coconut oil and grapeseed oil.
5. The mixture should be moist, but not so moist that it sticks together. If you rub it between your fingers it should fall apart. If needed, add more dry ingredients or more oil, to get the right consistency.
6. Store in a glass jar or airtight container.
7. Enjoy using!
8. When showering, take a handful of the mixture, dampen a little bit with water, and rub gently in big circles all over your body.
The caffeine is reported to help with cellulite (but even if it doesn’t, the scrub makes your skin feel amazingly soft and the oils add moisture).
Let me know if you make this and how you find it for your skin!