I’m taking the 10×10 a little slower than most, owing to the fact I’m sticking to week-days at work (and we had a public holiday last Friday). This week I finally hit the halfway mark and I have to say, though this challenge has been fun, it’s really making me MISS and appreciate my full wardrobe.
Here’s my 10 options, in case you’ve missed them:
- 2 blazers
- 3 shirts
- 1 dress
- 1 pair of suit pants
- 1 pencil skirt
- 2 pairs of shoes
Here’s my first five outfits:
(Row 1, L-R: Monday, Tuesday
Row 2, L-R: Wednesday, Thursday, Monday)
What I’ve learned so far:
- Wearing colour is important to me. I love a monochrome outfit, maybe more than the average person, but I’ve realised that I equally love to wear high-impact colour. I think two days of monchromatic or muted colours is about the upper limit before I start to feel bored.
- If I go too long without wearing navy, I don’t feel like myself. I didn’t include anything navy in this capsule, mostly because I adore black, but I really miss my blues! Maybe I’ll try to do the next challenge with no black?
- White button-ups are versatile, but boy do they crease. I realise I much prefer layering white button-ups than wearing them by themselves, because I can’t stand how rumbled they look an hour into the work day.
- When my outfits are plain, I feel like I need to put more effort into my hair and makeup. I didn’t do much of this in week one, and didn’t really like the result. Too plain?
- Accesories are fun and can be real talking points of an outfit.
Favourite outfit so far: Thursday
Least favourite outfit so far: Wednesday
Are you participating in a 10×10 challenge? How are you finding it?