1. Chiffon Scarf from Oxfam for $39.95AUD / 2. Mothers’ Day Package for $74.99USD /3. Makrana Marble with Mango Wood Cheese Board for $59.95AUD / 4. Makrana Marble Mango Wood Cheese Knife from Oxfam for $19.95AUD / 5. Modavanti gift voucher / 6. Sahara entrance mat by Armadillo & Co from $155AUD / 7. Makrana Marble Mango Wood Ginger or Garlic Pot for $49.95AUD / 8. Scented Soy Happy Candle for $39.95AUD / 9. Unisex Waffle Robe by Coyuchi for $98.00USD
If you’re like me amd have let life get away from you without organising a Mothers’ Day gift with this Sunday, don’t fear! Here are some gifts you can still pick up or promise your Mum:
If you’re in Australia or the UK, pick these up from Oxfam in store:
I buy my Mum scarves often and so it’s getting a bit predictable – but a beautiful scarf is a luxious item she would never spend a lot of money on if she were buying it for herself. It also helps that she loves receiving and wearing them! Of course, a scarf by a World Fair Trade Organization like Oxfam makes the gift even sweeter ;) I love the Spanish tiles motive on this one.
3. Makrana Marble with Mango Wood Cheese Board for $59.95AUD
I saw this cheese board in store last week and it’s gorgeous – impeccable quality and finish and I highly recommend it as a gift for the Mum that has everything. Pair it with the matching cheese knife!
4. Makrana Marble Mango Wood Cheese Knife from Oxfam for $19.95AUD
7. Makrana Marble Mango Wood Ginger or Garlic Pot for $49.95AUD
Alternatively, you would get this gorgeous pot. It’s marketed as for ginger or garlic, but I think it’s also perfect for storing jewellery!
8. Scented Soy Happy Candle for $39.95AUD
You can never go wrong with a scented candle and I love the sentiment behind this ‘Happy’ candle from Oxfam!
If you’re in the US, order these online today:
The Mothers’ Day Package contains a Large White & Gold Moon Clutch; a Brave Bracelet with handcrafted Love Piece; and a “Every Sunrise” Print for a very reasonable $74.99USD. The best part? These gifts give to women twice, by suporting women artisans in Kenya and Ethiopia.
There is nothing more relaxing than cuddling up in a big, warm robe. This one is softer (and more ethical!) than most, being made from 100% organic GOTS certified cotton that is sourced and woven in Turkey.
Coyuchi are offering a guaranteed 2-day delivery so order today and receive by Mothers’ Day!
Have no time? Not sure what to get Mum? A Modavanti gift voucher is a great choice. With clothing, homewares, beauty products and more, Mum will find her perfect ethical gift at Modavanti.
If you can wait a bit longer for the gift to arrive:
Mum not coming to visit you until next week? Are you buying a group present and need to wait to hand it over to Mum until all the kids are in town? I love this handmade Fair Trade entrance rug, handwoven by artisans in India.
I hope these ideas help spark a last minute ethical gift idea for your Mum.