1. Sseko Sole Sister Bangle Set for $49.99USD / 2. Dogeared Exclusive for ASOS Rose Gold Plated Tiny Sparkle Ring from ASOS for $44.23AUD / 3. Silver Hue Brass Cuff Bracelet from Oxfam for $15.95AUD / 4. Celadon Ceramic Metiny Vase with Golden Lead Design from Oxfam for $10.00AUD / 5. Miss Teas’e Aromatic Chai for $18.00AUD / 6. Handheld mirror from Oxfam for $14.95AUD / 7. Mamafrica Zawadi Clutch for $34.00USD / 8. Lush Fair Trade Foot Lotion for $22.95AUD / 9. Emi Ethical Jewellery Fairly Made Grace Necklace in Pink from Fashion-Conscience for £39.00GBP / 10. Olive Wood Spoon Rest from The Little Market for $20.00USD / 11. Mettle iPhone Cast Brass Cover Case from Ekoluv for $99.00USD / 12. ALAS Francesca Slipper for $198.00AUD / 13. migoals Bianca Cash 2015 Diary for $24.95AUD / 14. Blue Sansui Landscape candle by Prosperity Candle for $28.00USD / 15. Green & Spring Take Flight Set from ASOS for $67.31AUD
1. Sseko Sole Sister Bangle Set for $49.99USD
Each brass bangle in this set of three features a unique pattern: a geometric line design, an arrow design, or the name of one of the women who make Sseko products.
Ethical credentials: Made with transparency in Africa
2. Dogeared Exclusive for ASOS Rose Gold Plated Tiny Sparkle Ring from ASOS for $44.23AUD (on sale from $63.46)
Thin 100% sterling silver ring dipped in 5mm14kt rose gold. Comes with a karma message card.
Ethical credentials: Made in the USA
This interesting cuff bracelet (in white brass with hammer finish) is a great gift for under $20 for your friends, sister or a Secret Santa.
4. Celadon Ceramic Metiny Vase with Golden Lead Design from Oxfam for $10.00AUD (on sale from $17.95)
Another ethical present that is a steal for only $10! Complete the present by gifting this vase with a bunch of Fairtrade roses inside.
5. Miss Teas’e Aromatic Chai for $18.00AUD (for 50 teabags)
This would be the best addition for a Christmas hamper – or alone as a small gift for a co-worker, mother in law, friend, or grandmother. I was given this tea as part of a hamper for runner up Fairtrade Supporter of the Year. Boy, oh boy – it’s delicious. Remember how I reviewed a whole bunch of chai teas? Had I tried this one at the time, it would have taken the cake.
Ethical credentials: Fairtrade certified
This beautiful ornate mirror is reminiscent of childhood dreams to be a princess. It would be a lovely gift to add a bit of luxury and whimsy into adult life!
7. Mamafrica Zawadi Clutch for $34.00USD
The Zawadi Clutch, with metal clasp closure, is perfect for an iPad or as a clutch purse. Made with traditional, dyed fabric from Burundi in a bright kiting design.
P.S. Mamafrica are currently sharing 10 reasons to invest in the Democratic Republic of Congo on their Facebook and Twitter. You know I love a good list and this one is awesome. Check it out… or check out their Kickstarter campaign!
8. Lush Fair Trade Foot Lotion for $22.95AUD
This peppermint lotion is the perfect indulgence that someone might not buy themselves – and therefore a great Christmas gift!
Ethical credentials: Made using Fair Trade Cocoa Butter
9. Emi Ethical Jewellery Fairly Made Grace Necklace in Pink from Fashion-Conscience for £39.00GBP
Ethical credentials: Made with transparency under fair trade principles
Isn’t this genius?! Whenever I’m cooking, I never know where to put my spoon down! This is a great gift for the cook who has every other imaginable dish and gadget for the kitchen.
Ethical credentials: Made with transparency in Tunisia
Who doesn’t have an iPhone? (I hope seeing the Fairphone around will soon become more common.) BUT, who has an amazing phone case like this? Made from recycled bombshell from Cambodia, this classy and brassy phone case is another great gift for someone that has everything.
Ethical credentials: Made with transparency in Indonesia
12. ALAS Francesca Slipper for $198.00AUD
These little slippers can be worn inside and outside. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. Why not pair with Lush Foot Lotion (#8) for a really special and indulgent gift for your mum or another important woman in your life. Other colours and patterns available.
Ethical credentials: Handmade with transparency in Guatemala
13. migoals Bianca Cash 2015 Diary for $24.95AUD (softcover)
If you follow me on Instagram, you will know that I’m obsessed with these diaries! Having used one for the last 11 months, I can vouch for their usefulness (and inspirational quotes, some of which I’ve featured on Twitter). Buy one for a goal-setting friend and she will have her best year yet – true to the words on the cover.
Ethical credentials: Made with transparency in Australia
This lovely candle has a traditional holiday scent. Blending cedarwood, fir needles, citrus, ylang ylang, and ginger – and in a beautiful, reusable dish – it’s perfect for cozy evenings during Christmastime. Available in other patterns.
Ethical credentials: World Fair Trade Organization
This colourful gift of travel-sized, natural beauty products is wonderful for someone with travel plans in 2015 – it doesn’t matter if it’s a grand world adventure to a weekend getaway… I’d even use these at home.
Ethical credentials: All natural products ethically sourced and handmade in the British Isles