1. to put right (a wrong).
2. to correct or adjust (esp in the phrase redress the balance).
1. the act or an instance of setting right a wrong.
2. compensation, amends, or reparation for a wrong, injury, etc.
3. relief from poverty or want.
Over the next 30 days, Olivia Palermo is sharing her daily outfits on her blog. You already know that I think (along with the rest of the world) that Olivia Palermo has amazing style. You might also know that I like trying to recreate her outfits, fairly.
1. Handmade Audrey Hat from Connected Goods for $78.00USD / 2. Florence colour block top in black by People Tree for £25.60GBP / 3. Plaited Knot Belt by People Tree for £38.25 (on sale from £75.00GBP!) / 4. Kay sand trousers by People Tree for £37.50GBP / 5. Cullen Fringe Handbag in Black by Cri de Coeur $95.00USD (on sale from $190.00USD) /6. Smoking shoe in noir by Nisolo for $148.00USD.
Olivia’s outfit is a jumpsuit but I think that these People Tree pants and top, paired together, achieve a very similar effect (particularly with a black fringed kimono like the Frida’s Closet Angel Wings rebozo in black). Likewise, the accessories are all a little different from Olivia’s, but the main elements are there – black flats in a classic loafer shape, a floppy hat with contrasting band, a decorative belt with gold hardware. For a subtler take on the fringed trend, try adding a tassel to a plain black bag – like this Lola tassel from NV London Calcutta for £12.95GBP.