It’s (already!!) the end of June 2013. This past month, I’m grateful for…
1. Starting a new position at work in a GREAT team. I was a little nervous for the change at first, because it’s in an area that is really legally technical and doesn’t come as easily to me as my last area. However, my team – and my supervisor in particular – has been really focussing on tasking me with work that gives me an opportunity to develop my knowledge and skills. How great is that? (I’ve filed a mental note in case I ever supervise anyone)
2. Recovery time. Unfortunately, an awful bug had been circulating among my new team and I promptly got hit with a killer sickness in my second week, which resulted in two and a half days of bed-bound recovery!
3. Being able to step out without any ankle braces! Luckily for me, my first month in my new area happened to coincide with me finally being able to walk properly! Consequently, I’ve been slowly but surely getting back into walks and finding some wonderful new trails.
4. Discovering some of these trails with my Mum who came to visit again!
One of our favourites, around Lake Burley Griffin
5. A couple of great movie nights at the Manuka and Palace (New Acton) cinemas. Both close by and both super cool.
6. My Grandad celebrating his 90th birthday!
7. Celebrating my 25th birthday, and getting spoiled by some lovely friends near and far…
8. Celebrating mine and Tom’s birthdays with a weekend getaway to Sydney, where we saw The Lion King Musical.
9. The opportunity to be interviewed over at Claire’s blog, Such is Wellness.
10. WINTER. Apart from the shorter days – which are thankfully now getting longer again! – I think I’m more of a lover of the cold than the hot (well, some of my northern hemisphere readers might not consider 0 -5 degrees Celsius to be cold… it’s all relative). I love bundling up in coats and scarves and I love when they sell roast chestnuts at the markets! Plus, Canberra has some seriously gorgeous sunny winter days.
How was your June?