Tomorrow is the solstice! Depending on where in the world you live, tomorrow is the shortest or longest day of the year. I’m glad that as of Sunday, the days start getting longer here again – I need more daylight! In the meanwhile, here is a staple which will get you through all seasons: a classic striped piece… or more than just one. White on navy, navy on white or even less traditional colours like grey, you can never have too many stripes!
1. Elise Stripe Dress by People Tree for £58.00GBP. / 2. Washed Stripe Beach Bag from One Mango Tree for $64.00USD / 3. Navy Sailor Stripe Jumper from Bibico for £59.00GBP / 4. Navy Striped Clutch from Connected Goods for $36.00USD / 5. Florence Striped Top by People Tree for £25.60GBP / 6. FAIR + TRUE Sustainable striped skirt from fashion-conscience for £75.00GBP / 7. Striped jersey infinity scarf from hearts.com for $20.00USD
1. People Tree Elise Stripe Dress for £58.00GBP.
2. One Mango Tree Washed Stripe Beach Bag for $64.00USD.
A great versatile bag for anything – the beach, farmers’ markets, the gym, brunch with friends or running errands.
Ethical credentials: Made with transparency in a fair trade arrangement
3. Bibico Navy Sailor Stripe Jumper for £59.00GBP.
Classic fine knit sailor jumper. Relaxed fit with a boat neck and 3/4 length sleeves. Perfect for Autumn and Spring, layered under a jacket in Winter, or over a dress on a cool Summer evening.
Ethical credentials: Made in the EU in a fair trade cooperative
4. Connected Goods Navy Striped Clutch for $36.00USD.
I love the pop of neon on this clutch.
Ethical credentials: Handmade with transparency in Guatemala
5. People Tree Florence striped top for £25.60GBP (on sale!)
A fresh and unexpected take on an otherwise classic concept. I love how the block of white is positioned in a flattering position (if it were the opposite way it might tend to make the waist look wider).
Paired with a relaxed fitting black T-shirt (tucked) and black court heels, this is an easy and classy way to dress up.
Ethical credentials: Made according to fair trade principles from end of roll fabric sourced in the UK
This would add a little something to an otherwise basic outfit of boyfriend jeans and a slouchy grey marl T-shirt.
Ethical credentials: Handmade in the USA from upcycled dead stock jersey fabric
How would you style these pieces?