And we’ve come full circle! It’s been 12 months since I posted my first One Fair Month post. Last year’s was a little more eventful than this years, since I sprained my ankle in April and spent all of May healing. But, in any event, I still had a lot to be grateful for:
1. Completing Live Below the Line for the fourth time. This year, I managed to convince 14 amazing friends from work to do it with me and we raised over $8000! We also prepped and cooked a Lunch Below the Line for the whole Department!
Lunch Below the Line prep
I shared some thoughts on the experience here.
2. Testing out the results of my laser eye surgery at the football. The stadium is walking distance (usually) and only took about 20 minutes to get there on crutches (okay, okay, Tom carried me some of the way…)
3. Autumn! Autumn got real. You know how much I LOVE Autumn.
4. But then it went away. :-( Oh well… the end of Autumn was very mild and I’m grateful for a gradual transition into Winter.
5. Graduating from the moon boot to a regular ol’ brace. Healing is slow. But it’s happening.
6. Finishing an amazing four months rotation through my first section at work.
Flowers for my supervisor
7. After sleeping on a mattress since last September, we finally bought bed frame (made in Australia)…
8. …And, even though we resolved we would furnish our house slowly, we accidentally went antiquing and found, fell in love with (and subsequently bought) a dining table (vintage from Denmark, circa 1960-1975)…
Our first meal at our new table! Homemade sushi
9. …AND an outdoor setting (handmade in Australia). Oops. No more, I promise. But I do also promise to share photos of all these new furnishings, soon.
10. To round off the home furnishings, we also hung out hammock on our balcony! I’m grateful for lazy Saturday mornings in the hammock with coffee.
How was your May?