Happy World Fair Trade Day! Today is one of my favourite days of the year – a whole day to celebrate Fair Trade! The theme of this year’s World Fair Trade Day is ‘Fair Trade People’, celebrating the people behind fair trade – the producers and the consumers.
Today is also the anniversary of One Fair Day! It’s been one year since I published my first post on One Fair Day. It feels like only yesterday that I decided to start a blog to document my decision to buy ethically and share my learnings. I’ve still got a long way to go, but the journey has been so fun.
Over the past year, I’ve published 114 posts. Here were some of my favourite to research, write and create:
- A Style Redress: Piperlime’s 8 Modern Essentials – I loved recreating this list of modern essentials with ethical items.
- Seven banana recipes for Fairtrade Fortnight – I enjoyed a little foray into sharing recipes featuring bananas for Fairtrade Fortnight.
- My recent interview with Qinnie of Oz Fair Trade – It was a pleasure to meet and chat with the brains behind an amazing online retailer of Fair Trade items.
- This video summarising my time in Geneva was new to me, and fun to make!
- This gift guide for Christmas. Creating gift guides is one of my favourite things to do, and Christmas is the crème de la crème.
Here were some of my favourite Fair Trade purchases:
- My panama hat by Pachacuti featured in this post – This hat from the world’s first World Fair Trade Organization was one of my favourite purchases this year.
- My Giving Shoes by Gideon featured in this post – These slip on shoes proved to be one of the most useful purchases from this year. (When I’m not on crutches), I slip these on to walk to and from work. They are, quite simply, awesome.
- My ALAS pyjamas featured in this post – the softest pyjamas ever, this brand is my new go-to for sleepwear.
- Facial cleaner and scrub by Acure featured in this post.
As well as researching and writing posts about products I’ve loved and issues I care about, I love blogging for connecting me with my readers and other bloggers. Going into my second year of writing One Fair Day, I’m really keen to keep improving this blog for you. I’m interested in hearing more about you and what your favourite types of posts are. I’ve created this 10-question survey so I can tailor my posts to bring you more of what you love.
Survey by SurveyMonkey
The survey will be open for two weeks. Thank you so much for your insights. And, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your readership. It means the world to me!
Happy World Fair Trade Day! :-)
P.S. Stay tuned over the next couple of days for a post reflecting on my learnings from one year of shopping fairly.